Want an Orange County hotel bargain? Look north where rooms average $126 a night!
North Orange County hotel room rates are higher year-to-date through May as occupancy fell, according to fresh statistics.
CBRE Hotels’ latest report reveals eight trends to know about how local operators are doing filling up their rooms vs. countywide patterns year-to-date through May …
1. North Orange County hotel rooms on average cost $125.66 a night, up $2.93 in 12 months or 2.4 percent.
2. Among seven Orange County regions tracked by CBRE, North Orange County ranked the cheapest.
3. Countywide, room rates averaged $191.36 per night, up $7.14 in a year or 3.9 percent.
4. North Orange County hotels in 2018’s first five months were 78.7 percent full, down from 82.8 percent a year earlier.
5. North Orange County ranked No. 3 among seven Orange County hotel districts in terms of hardest to find an empty room.
DISNEYLAND: ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW!
6. Countywide occupancy was 79.5 percent, up from 79.3 percent a year earlier.
7. A key measure of hotel cash flow known as “RevPar” for North Orange County dropped 2.7 percent from a year earlier.
8. Countywide RevPar was up 4.1 percent in a year.
ICYMI: California critic’s ultimate critique: He moved to Pennsylvania!