Pedestrian and Bike Accident Attorneys
The normal activities of riding a bike or crossing the street can become a nightmare. Even when obeying traffic laws and taking precautions, the bicyclist or walker is highly vulnerable to the negligence of others, and in most cases utterly unprotected.
The Marquart Law Group of Rancho Santa Margarita, California, can help if a child or loved one was struck by a car or otherwise injured while riding, walking, or jogging. Our proven trial lawyers have obtained substantial settlements and verdicts in bike accident and pedestrian injury cases throughout Orange County.
Experienced and Caring Injury Lawyers: (949) 589-0150
In the best case scenario, a bicyclist or skater is wearing a helmet that mitigates injuries. Unfortunately, in many cases the tremendous impact results in death or catastrophic injuries such as back or neck injury, multiple broken bones, amputation, paralysis, or brain injury.
We have handled a wide range of bike accident and pedestrian cases:
- Four bicyclists hit while riding on a narrow shoulder of the Pacific Coast Highway, three of whom died.
- A veteran road cyclist catastrophically injured when an uninsured motorist struck him while pulling out of an apartment complex onto a busy roadway.
- Our client’s leg was broken requiring multiple surgeries while walking his son to school when a car swerved onto the sidewalk.
- Adults run down in crosswalks.
- Elderly client who was backed into in a residential parking lot while taking items to the trash.
- Children struck on residential streets.
- A cyclist who suffered a shoulder separation and damage to his $10,000 bike when a driver opened his door without looking.
- A woman riding at the beach who suffered a detached retina and other injuries when a City contractor pulled on a garden hose lying across the bike path.
- A bicyclist thrown off his bike in an accident stemming from improperly assembled handlebars.
- A bicyclist on a century ride broke his ankle and had surgery when his bicycle’s seat post collaped and fractured sending him forcefully to the ground.
Investing in Your Recovery
- We examine the scene personally to preserve evidence and interview witnesses. Was the victim in a legal crosswalk or bike lane? Was the driver distracted or making an illegal maneuver? Did they try to avoid the accident? Were there posted signs? Road design issues?
- We coordinate our own engineering background with the findings of accident reconstruction specialists, police reports, and coroner’s reports to demonstrate the driver’s negligence.
- We employ economists, physical therapists, surgeons, and other experts to project the client’s maximum medical recovery and future financial needs for a life-changing injury.
- At settlement or trial, we use computer simulations and other visuals to drive home our arguments.
Insurance coverage can be an issue, and we pursue all sources for recovering compensation. One client who did not have a car was unable to work after being thrown over his handlebars in a bike accident. We collected under his wife’s uninsured motorist policy.
Free Consultation: (949) 589-0150
For sophisticated, dedicated representation, contact our office immediately to evaluate your case and begin the investigation.
Serving clients throughout Southern California:
Orange County · Los Angeles County · Riverside County · San Bernardino County · San Diego County · Ventura County